Friday, May 30, 2008

School

Well, after many asking about me returning to school... I thought that I would give a little information about my career changes. After Mom passed away last year, I decided to go back to school to finish my teaching license. I only had 1 semester to finish and then student teaching.... so I did! I started school up again last fall and continued working at Platte Valley youth detention full time until mid-October when they wanted to change my schedule that conflicted with school.
This spring semester I student taught at an Elementary school near our home. I taught in a 4th grade classroom and realized that I really enjoyed that grade and hope to teach it in the future. I finished student teaching and am now looking for a teaching job close to home. I have been offered a teaching position at a charter school in Denver, but I am hoping that one closer to home will surface (but at least I have a job this fall!)
Now I have my master's to look forward to in the future. We'll see. I am just glad to be finished with this!

No comments: